- This course is designed to be accessible for learners with university-level education
- Engaging learning approach intended to be entertaining and flexible
- Able to be accessed anywhere and anytime
- Anyone with an interest in sustainability and its wider benefits and role.
This CPD course is based on the paper, “Climate Change and Geopolitical Conflicts: The Role of ESG Readiness” by Ashraful Alam and published in the Journal of Environmental Management.
In this CPD course you will learn how to,
- Understand the Relationship Between Climate Change Vulnerability and Geopolitical Conflicts: Participants will learn how climate change exacerbates geopolitical risks and conflicts, with a focus on understanding the mechanisms through which climate vulnerability influences the likelihood of conflicts between nations.
- Comprehend the Role of ESG Readiness in Mitigating Geopolitical Conflicts: Learners will gain insights into how economic, social, and governance (ESG) readiness at the country level can serve as a mitigating factor against the risks posed by climate change vulnerability, particularly emphasizing the importance of social and governance dimensions.
- Analyze the Impact of Institutional Governance on Climate Change and Conflict Mitigation: The course will enable participants to explore how the quality of a country’s institutional governance affects its ability to mitigate the impact of climate change on geopolitical conflicts, highlighting the significance of strong governance structures.
- Develop Strategies for Enhancing ESG Readiness: Participants will learn how to develop and implement strategies aimed at improving ESG readiness within organizations and at the national level, focusing on practical approaches to enhance resilience against climate-induced geopolitical risks.
- Apply Knowledge to Promote Global Peace and Geopolitical Stability: The course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and tools to contribute to global efforts in addressing climate vulnerability and promoting peace and stability through enhanced ESG practices, encouraging a proactive approach to sustainability and governance.